- Advertising Slogans Through The Years
- This Cereal Has a High Sugar Content
- Reese’s Puffs and Celebrities
- Reese’s Puffs Logo
- Buy Reese’s Puffs Online
- Reese’s Puffs Ingredients
- Reese’s Puffs Nutrition
- Pictures of Reese’s Puffs
- Reese’s Puffs Commercials
- Other Products To Enjoy
- Recipes Featuring Reese’s Puffs
- Reese’s Puffs FAQ
Reese’s Puffs may seem like a new cereal, but it has been on the market for over a quarter of a century. It originally came out in 1994 under Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs. In 1999, this name was shortened to Reese’s Puffs.
Please leave a review or any memories of this snack in the comments at the bottom of this page. Thank you!
This is a corn-based cereal that belongs to the chocolate cereal family. It is the cereal representation of Reese’s cup in a bowl – with corn-based chocolate and peanut butter puffs. What could make a more delicious and sweet breakfast?
Advertising Slogans Through The Years
One of the best ways for companies to sell their products is to create memorable slogans. Reese’s has undoubtedly tried various slogans they used throughout the year. Some slogans may be more memorable than others, but they all certainly got the point across. Reese’s for breakfast is like eating candy for breakfast! Who doesn’t want a Reese’s cup anytime?
Here are some of their slogans and taglines and the years they were used:
- 1994 – 2006: “It’s Reese’s…for breakfast!”
- 2006 – 2011: “Wow! It’s Reese’s Puffs!”
- 2006 – 2013: (This was a rap) “Reese’s Puffs. Reese’s Puffs…Peanut Butter Chocolate Flavor.”
- 2007: “Candy?!… For breakfast? It’s Reese’s Puffs Cereal!”
- 2009: (This was a rap) “Reese’s Puffs, Reese’s Puffs…Eat ‘Em Up Eat ‘Em Up!”
- 2010: (This was a rap) “Reese’s Puffs, Reese’s Puffs…Put Your Spoons Up! Put Your Spoons Up!”
- 2013 – 2018: (This was a rap) “PB and C is what i/m thinking of, and it can only be found in my Reese’s Puffs!”
- 2018 – Present: “It’s What you really really want.”
This Cereal Has a High Sugar Content
If you are looking for a sweet cereal that tastes great, Reese’s Puffs might be for you. However, if you are looking for a healthy way to start your day, you may want to stay away from Reese’s Puffs. Many people recommend keeping your sugar intake per serving size at 6 grams or below. Depending on how many servings of breakfast cereal you eat in the morning (or whenever the mood for cereal hits you), 6 grams could still be on the high side.
However, Reese’s Puffs unsurprisingly is not within this range. One serving of Reese’s Puffs has 10 grams of sugar. That is only in a ¾ cup of cereal!
Some other nutritional facts you might be concerned about include that in one serving (3/4 cup dry, without adding milk), Reese’s Puffs also has 120 calories, 3 grams of fat, ½ gram of saturated fat, 22 grams of carbs, and 160 milligrams of sodium. It also does have artificial colors.
I think this was to be expected with a cereal based on a chocolate and peanut butter candy bar.
However, on the plus side, cereals are fortified with vitamins and minerals, so this cereal does redeem itself with some health benefits as well. A serving size of Reese’s Puffs also has 10% of your daily value of Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C. It also has 6% of your daily value of phosphorus and 4% of magnesium. Finally, it contains 25% of your daily value of the following: riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin, and Folate.
Reese’s Puffs and Celebrities
You may have noticed in the popular slogans section of this article that a good portion of these slogans are raps. Reese Puffs has had a lot of celebrities involved in its brand. This is not surprising as Reese’s as a whole is an iconic brand that everyone recognizes.
In June 2019, it was announced that Reese’s Puffs would be working with Travis Scott to create his own Reese’s Puffs cereal. The boxes were created by Scott himself, but the cereal inside would remain unchanged.
In April 2021, it was announced that Reese’s Puffs was working with Lil Yachty to create ‘Lil Yachts. They already had him on cereal boxes, but this new product was remote control yachts that could be filled with, yes, you guessed it, Reese’s Puffs. This type of pop culture item goes beyond just having a celeb on a cereal box; they sold out immediately.
In September 2021, singer/songwriter Tinashe teamed up with Reese’s Puffs and the Save the Music Foundation. They promoted a series of music boxes by Tinashe called the RP-FX and the RP-Pro. This promotion also worked with The Save The Music Foundation, and Reese’s Puffs donated $100,000 to this charity to help children reach their potential and make music more accessible.
In November of 2021, Reese’s Puffs announced that they were teaming up with artist KAWS to drop two new cereal boxes and an AR game. Reese’s Puffs is known for collaborating with the current creative minds of this generation. KAWS is a globally successful artist, and Reese’s Puffs believes in recognizing and celebrating creativity.
Reese’s Puffs Logo
Buy Reese’s Puffs Online
- CEREAL: Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal is a delicious breakfast cereal for the entire family to enjoy.
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE: Enjoy the delicious creamy balance of real Reese’s peanut butter and Hershey’s cocoa with milk for breakfast or by itself for a school snack.
- KIDS SNACK: A pantry staple for breakfast that’s a sweet, crunchy cereal. Enjoy with milk for breakfast or by itself for a school snack.
- The same chocolatey peanut butter taste of Reese’s Puffs now in itty bitty mini puffs
- The perfect pair of Hershey’s chocolate and Reese’s peanut butter for an epic cereal or snack
- Made with real REESE’S peanut butter for a breakfast cereal like no other
Reese’s Puffs Ingredients
- Whole Grain Corn
- Reese’s Peanut Butter (peanuts, sugar, monoglycerides, peanut oil, salt, molasses, corn starch)
- Corn Meal
- Corn Syrup
- Canola Oil
- Hershey’s Cocoa
- Caramel Color
- Trisodium Phosphate
- Natural Flavor. Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) Added to Preserve Freshness.
- Contains PEANUT INGREDIENTS
Reese’s Puffs Nutrition
|Serving Size:||0.8 cup Reese’s Puffs (29g)||% Daily Value*|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||27|
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Pictures of Reese’s Puffs
Reese’s Puffs Commercials
Other Products To Enjoy
If you are in love with Reese’s Puffs but want something even sweeter, you might want to branch out into all of the candy Reese’s offers. The good news is that there are so many to choose from. Some are seasonal, whereas others are available all year round.
It is hard to keep up with everything Reese offers as they are always trying new recipes and ideas to remain innovative in the snack, cereal, and candy market. When a product does not live up to its potential, Reese’s is not afraid to pull it from the market and try something new!
Although that can be sad for people who were fans of specific products (like Reese’s Bites), there is always something new to try and a unique chance for consumers to find their new favorite product.
So What types of Reese Products Do Most People Love?
Of course, most people are fans of the basics – these would be the two products that have been around the longest – Reese’s Cups and Reese’s Pieces.
Variations of The Basics
There are many variations of the basics on the market. This can include Miniature Reese’s Cups, Big Reese’s Cups, White Reese’s Cups, Big Cups, Sugar-Free Cups, Dark Chocolate Reese’s Cups, Hershey’s Bars with Reese’s Pieces, Miniature Cups Stuffed With Pieces, Big Cups Stuffed With Pieces, Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed With Pieces,
Holiday and Seasonal Selections
The holidays bring some of the best Reese products. Many of their seasonal items have a perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Some seasonal items include Reese’s Eggs. Miniature eggs, White Eggs, White Reese’s Ghosts, Reese’s Hearts, Reese’s Peanut Butter Crème Egg, Reese’s Pumpkins, Reese’s Trees, Monster Mania, Eyeballs, 5 Ounce Hearts, 5 Ounce Bunny, 6 Ounce Egg, 8 ounce Heart, 8 ounce Bunny, 1 pound Bunny. White trees, Postal Egg Pieces, White chocolate eggs, white chocolate pumpkins.
This is not everything! I know it is hard to believe with everything already listed, but there are plenty more Reese’s products to choose from. Here are some of our favorites: Take 5, Mini Sticks, Reese Stickers, Clusters, Milk Chocolate Thins, Popped Snack Mix, Fast Break Bar, Outrageous Bar, Outrageous Bar, and the Crispy Crunchy Bar.
Recipes Featuring Reese’s Puffs
Now, if you are like so many other people, you just can not get enough of Reese’s Puffs. So what can you do about this? There is one really simple solution you should try. Use Reese’s Puffs in other ways, including as toppings or as a recipe ingredient!
Sprinkle It On Top
If you are not ready to bake with Reese’s Puffs yet, you can ease your way in by sprinkling them on top. You can do this with full Reese’s Puffs, Reese’s Puff pieces, or crushed Reese’s Puffs. This would work great for ice cream sundaes as a topping or a mix-in. Also, for any dessert or drink you top with whipped cream, such as hot chocolate, ice cream, cake, pie, brownies, floats, milkshakes, or smoothies, you can drop some Reese’s Puffs dust or piece in the whipped cream. You can also decorate the frosting of cakes, cupcakes, and brownies in the same way!
Baking With Reese’s Puffs
You can also mix in full Reese’s Puffs or Reese’s Puff pieces into your favorite baked recipes (box mixes too). This would work well for peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins, and cakes. You could also add them to fun recipes like Rice Krispies treats. In fact, we will share an excellent no-bake recipe for peanut butter Rice Krispie treats. Feel free to try any add-ins or additions that sound good to you!
No Bake Rice Cereal Treats With Reese’s Puffs
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Reese’s Puffs Cereal
- 1 cup of Chopped Reese Cups
- ½ cup of Reese’s Pieces
- 3 T. Butter
- Prepare a 13 x 9 casserole dish by lining it with parchment or greasing it.
- Combinemarshmellows and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time for 2 – 3 minutes, in 30-second intervals. Stir after every 30 seconds.
- Once marshmallows are melted, stir to combine. Add cereal and mix well. Mix in Reese Pieces. Press into casserole dish. Push the chopped Reese Cup pieces into the top, and spread them out evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Then cup into squares with a sharp knife and serve.
Reese’s Puffs FAQ
When did Reese’s Puffs come out?
At its launch in May 1994 Reese’s Puffs consisted of grain puffs flavored with chocolate and peanut butter.
My name is Brianna and I love writing on all topics. Candy history fascinates me and I am passionate about sharing my love of this topic with everyone else!
Please leave a review or any memories of this snack in the comments below. Thank you!Click here for a full A-Z list of Snacks and Candy