America is a leading country in many things, but what have you heard about American candy? While some of the European countries fight over who has the best chocolate, the United States has a strong candy culture all of its own. It has many amazing and delicious sweet treats to offer, and therefore, most American candy has become very famous all around the world.
Please leave a review or any memories of this snack in the comments at the bottom of this page. Thank you!
American Candy Names
- Reese’s Cups
- Almond Joy
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Milky Way
- York Peppermint Pattie
- Ghirardelli Squares
- Candy Corn
- Tootsie Pops
Top 12 Most Famous American Candy
American candy with its colorful and various tastes satisfies a lot of sweet cravings. There are candies we love, and we remember. All of it makes American candy one of the best. Do you want to know more about American candy? Then let’s take a look at the most popular American sweets of all time.
M&M’s is one of the most famous American candy, not only in the United States but around the world. They are small button-like colorful chocolate candies with the letter “m” on them. We all love to use them for decorating our desserts or using them as a snack at Halloween or as movie theater candy. A regular bag of M&M’s comes with all the classic colors, Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Dark Brown. Since it has created enjoyable experiences and memories for each of us for years, most likely, you already knew all we mentioned above, but we aren’t sure that you know about the pretty interesting history of this amazing American candy.
“The milk chocolate melts in your mouth, not in your hand” — is the slogan of M&M’s and very likely a key to the candy’s success. In fact, it was something Forrest Mars noticed during the Spanish Civil War. He saw soldiers eating pieces of chocolate covered in a candy coating, and the clever thing was that candy coating was protecting it from melting. He returned to the United States in 1941 and patented M&M’s with Bruce Murrie ( if you haven’t already guessed, he is another “m” in M&M’s), so the tagline we mentioned at the beginning is exactly the unique selling point that made them the most popular candy in the world.
Since 1941, it has had an oversized impact on American popular culture. From their beginnings as American snacks for soldiers, to NASA space missions, yes! You heard it right, it is the first candy ever to travel to space. And if you are a fan of M&M’S then you should know that you can get different colors of M&M’s from Amazon, or wait for their special holiday mixes, that M&M’s company puts out for Valentine’s, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Contains one (1) 38-ounce party size bag of M&M’S Peanut Chocolate Candy
- Made with roasted peanuts and real milk chocolate; M&M’S Peanut Chocolate Candy is a favorite party candy
- This classic chocolate candy has a peanut crunch and a colorful candy shell
- Clear jar filled with 14oz (3Lb) of M&M’s chocolate candy.
- Assortment of milk chocolates, add M&M’s Chocolate Candy Mix to your self-care.
- Sold as 48/Box.
- M&M’S Peanut Chocolate Candy
- 1.74-oz/pack, 48 packs/box
This is another traditional American candy created by the Mars family. Peanuts, nougat, caramel, and chocolate are tastefully combined to make this traditional snack. Snickers was created back in 1930 by Frank Mars, who named the snack after his horse. It soon became the favorite snack of millions of people, and in 1984, it became the sponsor of the Olympic Games.
If you ask your grandparents about the snack, they would probably remember Snickers as a good memory of their youth. Even after all those years, it still succeeds in being a part of our sweet memories. What do you remember first when you think of Snickers? Most likely the slogan – “You’re not you when you’re hungry.” After this campaign, this American candy became widely accepted as a snack that helps you calm your hunger.
Even after all those years, Snickers remains one of the best-selling American candies in the United States, and it isn’t only because of its delicious flavors, but all the good memories the brand created for us to remember.
- Contains one (1) 48-count box of 1.86-ounce Individually Wrapped Singles Size SNICKERS Chocolate Candy Bars Bulk Pack
- SNICKERS candy bars are made with caramel, nougat, peanuts and milk chocolate
- These full sized chocolate bars are great for gifts baskets, candy buffets, or party favors. Don’t forget to try SNICKERS Almond Butter & SNICKERS Peanut Butter Squares
- Contains one (1) 32.68-ounce bag of SNICKERS Fun Size Chocolate Candy Bars Variety Mix
- This variety mix contains fun-sized SNICKERS Original, SNICKERS Peanut Butter and SNICKERS Almond and SNICKERS Crisper Chocolate Bars
- Fun size candy bars are ideal for holiday parties, the office, for Halloween, or birthday parties
- Contains one 33.31-ounce, 18-count box of full-size, individually wrapped SNICKERS, TWIX, 3 MUSKETEERS and MILKY WAY Milk Chocolate Bars Bulk Pack
- Bulk full-sized SNICKERS, TWIX, 3 MUSKETEERS, and MILKY WAY feature delicious assorted combinations of milk chocolate, peanuts, caramel, and nougat
- Fill your candy dish with this bulk variety pack of favorite SNICKERS, TWIX, 3 MUSKETEERS and MILKY WAY Chocolate Bars
3. Reese’s Cups
What about the American candy that consists of two of your favorite things put together? Back in 1928, H. B. Reese simply mixed two favorite ingredients of the American people, and that’s how he created everyone’s favorite American candy. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is a chocolate cup with peanut butter inside. Just thinking about it is enough for it to win your heart, so we are not surprised why all American people and many others fell in love with this American candy.
Reese’s cups are sold now under the name of The Hershey Company, and it can be said that they are the best-selling American candy, followed by M&M’s. All these years have passed, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup product portfolio has grown. Now you can get Reese’s cups in different sizes and with different ingredients, but what hasn’t changed is the unconditional love of people for this American candy.
We all agree that these delicious chocolate and peanut butter candies are everyone’s favorite unless you have an allergy. For the majority of us, the match of chocolate and peanut butter, which come in different shapes and sizes can’t be anything but good.
- Contains thirty-six (36) 1.5-ounce packs of REESE’S Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy
- Enjoy REESE’S peanut butter covered in creamy milk chocolate for when you need a big, bold and delicious snack at sporting events, game nights, parties or the movies
- Includes 36 individually wrapped, kosher and gluten-free peanut butter chocolate candies
- Contains one (1) 33-ounce, 60-piece bulk bag of REESE’S Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Size Cups Candy
- Enjoy smooth peanut butter and rich milk chocolate treats for road trips, friend gatherings and nights at home with the family
- Kosher, gluten-free and individually wrapped REESE’S snack-size milk chocolate peanut butter cups in a bulk bag, big enough to share with everyone
- Contains one (1) 35.6-ounce bulk party pack of REESE’S Miniatures Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups Candy
- Enjoy smooth peanut butter and rich milk chocolate treats during road trips, friend gatherings and nights at home with the family
- Kosher, gluten-free and individually wrapped REESE’S Miniatures milk chocolate peanut butter cups in a bulk candy bag big enough to share with everyone
4. Almond Joy
For those who have not already tasted it, Almond Joy is a candy bar that consists of ingredients like milk chocolate. coconut, and almonds. The coconut inside the candy makes it soft and tasty, while the outer parts of chocolate and almonds make it more consistent.
Almond Joy was first invented in the year 1945 in the United States, but the roots of Almond Joy go back to the year 1920 when a similar candy bar – Mounds was introduced, but it can be said that Almond Joy is the more complete version of it. The Almond Joy candy bar is now being marketed by the Hershey Food Corporation.
Almond Joy is very popular in the United States and, as a favorite American candy for many people, has developed and become more varied. What makes this candy special is that it has coconut in it, which is not often seen in the American candy market as much as other ingredients. So this is coconut lovers’ favorite American candy.
- Contains thirty-six (36) 1.61-ounce ALMOND JOY Coconut and Almond Chocolate Candy Bars in a bulk box
- Unwrap this tropical chocolate candy when you need a tasty treat or want to incorporate them into your baked goods
- Includes 36 individually wrapped, kosher and gluten-free ALMOND JOY bulk candy bars inside a bag to fill your taste buds with rich chocolate, sweet coconut and crunchy almonds
- Contains one (1) 32.1-ounce bulk variety assortment party pack of MOUNDS Dark Chocolate and Coconut Candy and ALMOND JOY Coconut and Almond Chocolate Miniature Candy Bars
- Enjoy assorted coconut and chocolate sweets during lunch breaks, travelling, relaxation time, game nights and every moment between
- Bulk chocolate candy individually wrapped to help you fill candy dishes and pantries with sweet coconut treats
5. Hershey’s Kisses
Hershey’s Kisses come from the Hershey Company. Yes, this is the bite-sized candy that you can simply unwrap and pop into your mouth. That’s why they are called Hershey’s Kisses! One single candy is just the right size to pop in your mouth and enjoy all the delicious flavors!
Kisses were first introduced by the Hershey Company in 1907, and they soon became a successful product for the company, The size and shape were the unique parts of it that were soon copied by other companies, but what stayed unchanged was the brand and the name. Even the flavors or shapes are the same now, but people have different experiences connected to Hershey’s. So they still choose to buy Hershey’s kisses as their favorite American candy. For some people, just one bite is enough to feel all the flavors.
- Contains one (1) 35.8-ounce bulk party pack of HERSHEY’S KISSES Milk Chocolate Candy
- Fill candy dishes, snack drawers and lunch boxes all season long with milk chocolate HERSHEY’S KISSES treats for flavorful snacking on the go and in place
- Kosher-certified, gluten-free, bulk chocolate candy individually wrapped for lasting freshness and convenience
- Milk Chocolate Candy: HERSHEY’S KISSES are one of everyone’s favorite treats. They are a simple, delicious classic that never goes out of style
- Perfect for All Occasions: These tasty HERSHEY’S KISSES Silver are perfect for occasions such as wedding, birthday, parties, baby showers, work, school, camping, special events, office bowl, movie night, sweet tables, candy dish, and many more
- This product has been repackaged by Tundras which is not affiliated with the original manufacturer or manufacturers of the repackaged products
- Contains one (1) 32.1-ounce bulk party pack of HERSHEY’S KISSES SPECIAL DARK Mildly Sweet Chocolate Candy
- Delicious, shareable HERSHEY’S KISSES candies for your office breakroom, party gift bags, daily lunch boxes and family movie nights
- Bulk, kosher-certified, gluten-free dark chocolate candy individually wrapped for lasting freshness and convenient sharing
6. Milky Way
Here’s another tasty sweetness manufactured and marketed by Mars, the Milky Way candy bar is made of nougat, caramel, and milk chocolate. It was created in 1923 by Frank Mars in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was first sold in 1924 and had over $800,000 in sales in its first year, which was then a perfect result for a new candy. You might think that this American candy is connected to the galaxy, but actually, it is derived from a malted milk drink, also known as a milkshake.
Milky Way candy has enjoyed a lot of success in the American candy market. Beginning in 1935, their slogan changed a few times, and so did the ingredients. The Milky Way’s common ingredients are milk chocolate, cocoa butter, skim milk, and milk fat, but you can also see them with other ingredients like corn syrup, sugar, and palm oil.
In the summer of 2018, Milky Way Fudge, which substitutes the malt nougat with chocolate fudge nougat, was introduced. There are two versions of the Milky Way, the first one is the US version of the Milky Way bar, also known as the Mars bar, and the second one is the global Milky Way bar, known as the 3 Musketeers.
- Contains one (1) 36-count box of 1.84-ounce MILKY WAY Milk Chocolate Singles Size Candy Bars
- Item ships with cool packs when shipped and sold by Amazon.com (Not available on Fresh)*
- These candy bars are great for gift baskets or passing out on Halloween
- contains one (1) 10.65-ounce bag of individually wrapped milky way fun size chocolate candy bars
- milky way bars have creamy caramel and smooth nougat, enrobed in rich milk chocolate
- get deliciously distracted in the caramel, chocolate and nougat of a milky way bar today
- Contains twenty-four (24) 1.76-ounce, individually wrapped, single-size MILKY WAY Midnight Dark Chocolate Candy Bars
- DARK CHOCOLATE: Everybody loves MILKY WAY bars, but everybody loves them for different reasons. We like the smooth coating of rich, decadent dark chocolate that coats every scrumptious MILKY WAY Midnight bar in a creamy, deliciously chocolatey covering.
- CREAMY CARAMEL: Don’t tell chocolate, but we know the real secret to a delicious MILKY WAY Bar lies in its smooth layer of caramel. A rich ribbon of luscious caramel runs right through the center of a MILKY WAY Chocolate Bar for a tempting pop of flavor.
7. York Peppermint Pattie
In 1988, the Peter Paul company merged with Hershey to deliver customers the delicious peppermint and dark chocolate combination, which turned out to be a real success. Peppermint covered with chocolate was not very popular before this American candy, because the making method was not sufficient, and as a result, people disliked the quality. But after Henry Kessler succeeded, everything changed, and now Peppermint Patties are definitely at the top of most Americans’ favorite candies.
- Six 3.24 oz, 40-piece cube bottles of ICE BREAKERS ICE CUBES Cinnamon Sugar Free Chewing Gum
- Bring an ICE BREAKERS cinnamon-flavored gum pack with you to work meetings, presentations and networking events to ensure fresh breath and confidence all day
- ICE BREAKERS ICE CUBES cube gum packs are perfect for keeping in backpacks, car cup holders, snack drawers at work and treat cabinets at home
- Contains one (1) 35.2-ounce bulk party pack of YORK Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Patties Candy
- A minty and rich dark chocolate peppermint candy treat for movie marathons, snack breaks and desserts
- Kosher-certified, gluten-free dark chocolate covered YORK peppermint patties individually wrapped with 70 percent less fat than the average of the leading chocolate candy brands in a bulk candy bag for concession stands and fundraising events
8. Ghirardelli Squares
Ghirardelli Squares are small-sized, square-shaped chocolate bars with different flavors. The company was founded by and is named after Italian chocolatier Domenico Ghirardelli, and this is the most “Italian” American candy you can find in America. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company was incorporated in 1852 and, surprisingly, is the third-oldest chocolate company in the US.
But wait, how could it stay one of the best-selling American candy for all those years? The thing is that Ghirardelli is one of the few chocolate companies in the United States that strictly controls every aspect of its chocolate manufacturing process and claims its deserved place as the manufacturer of the highest quality product.
- Premium chocolate assortment
- Founded in 1852
- Size 23.8 oz
- One (1) 15.77 oz bag of GHIRARDELLI Premium Assorted Chocolate squares, Chocolate Assortment
- Variety of premium assorted chocolates includes Dark Chocolate Raspberry, Dark Chocolate Mint, Milk Chocolate Caramel and Dark Chocolate 60% Cacao
- Ideal chocolate candy squares for gifting, entertaining and personal enjoyment
- One (1) 15.96 oz bag of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Squares with Caramel Filling
- Luscious caramel filling surrounded in rich milk chocolate for a satisfyingly sweet treat
- Savor this milk chocolate candy anytime or give them as a gift
This is the most twisted American candy ever! They are made from various ingredients, such as corn syrup, and resemble licorice. It was first made back in 1929 and has remained a popular snack for millions of people for around a century, but this is not a surprise, since Twizzlers have developed with all the new amazing flavors and colors. This American candy has one pretty big plus – it does not easily melt, so in sunny, hot weather this is a good option to get.
- Contains one (1) 21-ounce resealable bag of BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate with Acai and Blueberry Fruit Flavored Centers Candy
- Take dark chocolate, blueberry and acai treats with you on hikes, camping trips, work retreats, snack breaks, road trips and all the ordinary moments in between
- Kosher-certified, gluten-free dark chocolate treats made with a blend of select blueberry and acai fruit flavors containing no artificial colors or flavoring
- Contains one (1) 32.06-ounce bulk party pack of REESE’S Chocolate Peanut Butter Assortment Snack Size Candy
- Mixture of chocolate and peanut butter treats to satisfy everyone’s sweet taste buds during family get-togethers, tailgates, movie nights, campfires and fundraising events
- Individually wrapped, kosher and snack-size bulk candy bars inside a party pack
- Contains six (6) 12.4-ounce bags of TWIZZLERS Twists Assorted Fruit Flavored Rainbow Chewy Candy
- A perfect movie marathon treat and classic everyday rainbow candy snack for long-lasting goodness
- Low-fat, kosher-certified, fruit-flavored rainbow candy in a convenient bag sealed for lasting freshness
10. Candy Corn
Did you know that this famous Halloween treat was originally named “Chicken Feed”? It was first invented in the 1880s by George Renninger, an employee of the Wunderle Candy Company. Candy corn is a type of small-sized, pyramid-shaped candy that is typically divided into three different sections with different colors that are also connected to fall. The harvest-themed colors also helped the product to be connected to Halloween. This American candy is perfect for decorating, and whether you love it or not, it is going to be at your house this fall season.
- Sweet Treats from Brach’s: Candy Corn to jelly beans, chocolate to butterscotch, gummy Bears to peppermints-whatever your favorite sweet treat is, Brach’s Candy makes every moment special.
- Item Package Length: 1.905cm
- Item Package Width: 15.24cm
- This festive candy corn features classic candy corn flavor in an assortment of bright pastel colors. Enjoy this candy corn as a sweet snack or use it for decorating seasonal desserts.
- Manufactured by Zachary
- Net Wt.: 2Lb
- Brach’s (1) bag Classic Candy Corn – Yellow, Orange, & White Pieces – Halloween/Fall Candy Made with Real Honey – Skinny Bag Net Wt. 3.5 oz
Say hello to one of the most popular Halloween candies! This is one of the most loved American candies. It is distinctive and popular on the market and has long been a favorite candy bar for people of all ages. The Butterfinger was invented in 1923 by Mr. Otto Schnering, the founder of the Curtiss Candy Company. If this American candy is your favorite, then you should know about its name’s origin, too. They held a candy naming contest, and surprisingly, Butterfinger was the winning result of this campaign, and it worked for the candy! This name brings some joy to us. For the Halloween-favorite candy, it is perfect!
The candy became famous when Butterfinger bars and Babe Ruth candy were dropped from airplanes in some cities all over the US. This campaign was very effective, and it helped it become one of the most popular American candy.
- UNWRAP DELICIOUSNESS: Butterfinger delivers the taste you know and love with this 18 pack of individually wrapped, share sized, peanut-buttery, chocolatey bars
- THE TASTE YOU LOVE: Perfectly irresistible, our Butterfinger Share Size candy bars have the same crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery taste you know and love from our classic Full Size candy bars, just in a share size
- ANYTIME IS THE RIGHT TIME: Wherever you go, these delicious Share Size bars make the perfect treat for yourself, a backpack snack or even a sweet gaming go-to candy
- UNWRAP DELICIOUSNESS: Butterfinger delivers the taste you know and love with these 6 shareable bags of individually wrapped fun sized peanut-buttery chocolatey bars
- THE TASTE YOU LOVE: Perfectly irresistible our Butterfinger Fun Size candy bars have the same crispety crunchety peanut-buttery taste you know and love from our classic Full Size candy bars just in a fun size
- ANYTIME IS THE RIGHT TIME: Wherever you go these delicious Fun Size bars make the perfect treat for yourself a backpack snack or even a sweet gaming go-to candy
- Butterfinger bars offer the classic Butterfinger experience of a crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery center covered in chocolaty goodness!
- Unique combination of crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery taste and texture
- Great for Peanut Lovers!
12. Tootsie Pops
Which candy reminds you most of your childhood better than a lollipop? This is the candy that never gets old but gets better with all the new flavors. But this is not your usual American candy. Tootsie Pops are a lollipop and a chewy chocolate – Tootsie Roll combination all in one. Since it is people’s favorite candy, it has become a Halloween candy too. This American candy is a real classic that almost everyone has enjoyed at least once. No candy remembers your life’s moments better than Tootsie Pops!
- GIANT SIZED TOOTSIE POPS IN FIVE CLASSIC FLAVORS: Giant Size Tootsie Pops are nearly 50% larger than traditional Tootsie Pops, they are the perfect treat for serious Tootsie Pops fans of all ages.
- CLASSIC ASSORTED TOOTSIE POPS: Delicious candy shell, with a chocolatey, chewy Tootsie Roll center in traditional five-flavor mix of chocolate, cherry, orange, grape and raspberry.
- PERFECT FOR SHARING: Great for kids’ parties, office snacks, and classroom treats! Great for gift bags, holidays and other festivities!
- Delicious candy shell, with a chocolatey, chewy Tootsie Roll center
- Only 60 calories per pop, peanut free and gluten free
- Wild Berry flavors for berry lovers include wild Cherry berry, wild apple berry, wild Black berry, wild mango berry and wild blue berry
American candy is some of the best candy in the world and holds a sweet spot in our hearts. The culture of American chocolate-making has developed and grown for many years, creating whole new amazing candy flavors and at the same time preserving the ones our grandparents and parents enjoyed. American candy deserves to be something that we all should be loud and proud about.
Please leave a review or any memories of this snack in the comments below. Thank you!Click here for a full A-Z list of Snacks and Candy