Twizzlers are long pieces of twisted candy, made from various ingredients such as corn syrup, and resembles licorice. Most known for its classic red coloration and twisted long shape, Twizzlers was first made back in 1929, and have remained a popular snack for around a century. Twizzlers comes in many different flavors, colors, and have several spin-off products as well.
Snack History participates in the Amazon Associate and Ebay Partner Network programs and receives earnings from qualifying purchases. Snack History maintains it’s neutrality.
Twizzlers is a candy made from corn syrup, wheat flour, sugar, cornstarch, and in smaller amounts palm oil, salt, artificial flavor, glycerin, citric acid, potassium sorbate, Red 40, and soy lecithin. Twizzlers resembles licorice, however technically Twizzlers are not licorice. Twizzlers do not contain licorice extract, nor advertise having being made from licorice. However they do look much like licorice candy, and licorice flavor was the original flavor of Twizzlers. Only the black licorice Twizzlers appear to contain licorice extract. It has been reported in 2013 that over 1 million miles of Twizzlers are produced every year.
Twizzlers was first made in the year 1929, by the Young and Smylie company, who changed to Y&S as its trademark in 1870 and was founded in 1845. The company that invented Twizzlers is one of the oldest confectionery firms in the United States. Twizzlers was somewhat little known until around the 1960s when Twizzlers became mainstream. Eventually, the company Young and Smylie merged and renamed to Y&S Candies, and in 1997 was acquired by Hershey Foods, creator of the Hershey Bar. Twizzlers is now owned by Hershey’s, and in 2018 was reported that for the 52 weeks ending on June 17, 2018, Twizzlers sales in the U.S were about 218.4 million U.S. dollars. Twizzlers is manufactured from where it was originally invented, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and since 1999, Twizzlers has also been manufactured in Memphis, Tennessee. After the Hershey’s Company acquired Twizzlers, many new flavors and types were released. Twizzlers is often compared to its competitor, Red Vines, by the American Licorice Company. Heated debate by fans can sometimes pop up over what one of the two products is better, Twizzlers or Red Vines. In 2016, during American-Iran nuclear talks, it was reported that the American diplomatic team consumed 10 pounds of strawberry Twizzlers, along with 20 pounds of string cheese and more than 200 Rice Krispies treats. One of the benefits of Twizzlers over some other candies is that it does not easily melt, and will often fair better in heat than some other treats, such as chocolate-based snacks like the Mars Bar, that often end up melting in hot weather more easily.
A rumor exists that the second comment Neil Armstrong said after landing on the moon during his historic moon landing mission was “I could go for some Twizzlers right now”, a claim encouraged by the Hershey Company. The Twizzlers brand also set the Guinness world record on July 19th, 1998, for the longest piece of licorice ever made, stretching over 1200 feet long and weighing over 100 pounds. All Twizzler products are kosher certified by the Orthodox Union. Twizzlers do not contain animal gelatin or other animal products and are approved as a vegan-edible candy. It has been reported that Hershey’s did a survey and found residents of the state of Utah consume candy at twice that national average and that Twizzlers was one of their most preferred candy. In South Korea, an opposite trend was seen, with one news outlet in the UK reported a taste test of American snacks found that South Koreans found Twizzlers to be displeasing and rubbery, rather than many Americans who often find it sweet and chewy. The shape of Twizzlers if often refereed to be being helix shaped.
Twizzlers candy has been reported to be apart of famous boxer Floyd Mayweather’s pre-fight diet. Twizzlers was a popular movie treat for moviegoers in theaters even back during its inception, with the snack being available for purchase in at least some theaters as early as 1930. Twizzlers has a twist in its candy structure in at least every inch, with about 8 twists for every foot of a Twizzler. The most popular flavor of Twizzlers is the strawberry flavor, a very popular flavor within America, the country that Twizzlers was invented in. Twizzlers has had over 20 different shapes and flavors available for sale at once during the year 2013. As of 2019 Twizzlers was considered one of the top key players in the gummy candy market. The Hershey Company was reported to be using Microsoft created artificial intelligence to help keep the weight of Twizzlers to th specified amount on the package. This helps prevent the need of including extra to avoid being under the marked weight of the product due to imperfections in the process of weighing Twizzlers at the factory.
Many flavors of Twizzlers and spin-off products of the original Twizzlers line have been made over the years, especially after Twizzlers was acquired by the Hershey Company. Flavors of Twizzlers include strawberry, orange, lemon, caramel apple filled Twizzlers, blue raspberry, and watermelon flavored Twizzlers. Spin-offs include Twizzlers pull ’n’ peel, Twizzlers Bites, Nibs, and Twizzlers Candy Straws. Twizzlers has released multiple commercials to advertise the product and brand and a mascot for Twizzlers is sometimes seen that is in the shape of an anthropomorphic long package of Twizzlers. Several types of packaging for Twizzlers exist, and a special extra long version of Twizzlers is produced that is 2 feet in length, compared to the normal length of a Twizzler, being about 8 inches.
The Company That Invented Twizzlers
Twizzlers was invented by a company called Young and Smylie company. Young and Smylie company is one of the worlds oldest candy confectionery companies and came into business around 1845. In 1870 Young and Smylie changed its trademark to Y&S, and eventually, the company merged with 3 other companies. After the merged company changed its name to Y&S Candies, it was acquired by the Hershey Company in 1997, and with the acquisition came Twizzlers into the possession of the Hershey Company as well.
The Company That Owns Twizzlers Now
The company that currently owns Twizzlers now is the Hershey Company. Hershey’s is an American snack and food corporation and one of the largest in the world, known for producing candy such as the Hershey Bar and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Twizzlers entered Hershey’s hands after a series of company mergers and acquisitions. Twizzlers original creator, the Young and Smylie company, ended up going through a few mergers, eventually becoming Y&S Candies, and later Hershey’s acquired Y&S Candies and thus became and new owner of Twizzlers.
The Year Twizzlers Was Invented
Twizzlers were invented in the year 1929 by the Young and Smylie company. It was invented in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where it was primarily produced at the time. Twizzlers has enjoyed a long-standing history and has managed to fight its way to recognition in a crowded market in its roughly a century of existence.
Twizzlers has had a couple of slogans that have been associated with it. Some slogans used for Twizzlers are “Makes Mouths Happy” and “You can’t be serious with Twizzlers”. These slogans tend to reflect the fun mood that Twizzlers like to display in its commercials.
Here is a list of some of the different flavors of Twizzlers:
- Hershey’s Chocolate Twizzlers
- Cola And Cherry flavor (Special Edition)
- Orange (Found in Rainbow flavored package of Twizzlers)
- Lemonade (Found in Rainbow flavored package of Twizzlers)
- Watermelon flavored (Found in Rainbow flavored package of Twizzlers)
- Blue Raspberry (Found in Rainbow flavored package of Twizzlers)
- Grape flavored (Found individually as a limited edition. Also found in Rainbow flavored package of Twizzlers)
- Sugar Free Strawberry Twizzlers
- Orange Cream Pop flavor (Filled Twizzlers variety)
- Strawberry Smoothie flavor (Filled Twizzlers)
- Twizted Strawberry Blast (Pull ‘N’ Peel candy variety)
- Sweet & Sour (Cherry Kick and Citric Punch flavors. Filled Twists version)
- Fruit Punch (Grape, Cherry, and Orange. Pull ‘N’ Peels)
- Green Apple (Mini Twists and Pull ‘N’ Peels)
- Caramel Apple (Filled Twizzlers)
- Cherry, Green Apple, And Lemonade (Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel)
- Key Lime Pie flavor (Filled Twizzlers)
- Cinnamon flavored (Fire Edition of Twizzlers Filled Twists and Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel)
- Strawberry Lemonade (Filled Twists)
- Raspberry – Wild berry – Lemonade ( Twizted Summer Fusion Twizzlers Pull ‘N’ Peels)
- Black Raspberry – Cherry – Strawberry (Twizzlers Bites)
- Strawberries ‘n’ Creme (Filled Twizzlers)
- Cherry Cola (Twizzlers Pull ‘N’ Peels)
- Orange & Black Cherry (Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel)
- Lemon – Green Apple – Cherry – Blue Raspberry (Twizzlers Sour Mini Twists)
- Strawberry and Vanilla (Twizzlers Pull ‘N’ Peels)
- Twizzlers Candy Straws: These are are a more hollow version of Twizzlers that act as straws for you to sip drink from. Twizzlers Straws come in multiple different flavors, and are chewy. They have the a somewhat similar consistency as the original version of Twizzlers, but tend to be slightly wider to allow you to drink through them. After you are done using them to drink out of, you can eat them. Twizzlers Straws come in rainbow flavor, and that includes strawberry, grape, watermelon orange, lemonade, and blue raspberry individually within the same package.
- Twizzlers Filled Twists: Filled Twist Twizzlers are a thicker version of Twizzlers that use a layered method to delver flavor to the consumer. These are Twizzlers with a outer layer and a filled layer, with the taste changing as you bite into it and chew. Twizzlers Filled Twists come in flavors such as Orange Cream Pop and Key Lime Pie. The Filled Twists version of Twizzlers are a bit more flimsy and floppy then the original version, which is a more firm candy. A Mini Twists version that is filled also exists.
- Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel: This Spin-off to Twizzlers comes as a large almost Twizzlers-like form candy, that is made up of wrapped up ropes of candy that can be pull and peeled away. Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel adds a degree of fun to the food, making it more interactive, and allows you to spend longer eating the candy as a lot comes with it. Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel does not share much of the textures of the classic Twizzlers, but it does have a somewhat similar nature in term of its feel and texture, although different at the same time. Twizzlers Pull n’ Peel was first invented in the year 1995, and comes in flavors such as, Cherry, Grape, Cinnamon, and Orange & Black Cherry.
- Twizzlers Soft Bites: The Soft Bites spin-off is a small, roughly 2 inch long cylinder of Twizzlers-like candy. This spin-off does not have any twist in it, but it is soft, squishy, and chewy. The term “soft” in the name is not an overexertion, Twizzlers Soft Bites are very chewy, and you can sure take your time when eating them. This version comes in flavors such as Strawberry, Watermelon and Licorice. This version is smooth, and does not have any holes in it, unlike its counterpart Twizzlers Bites.
- Twizzlers Bites: This is a smaller and more hollow version of Twizzlers. Released alongside a companion product, Jolly Rancher Bites, Twizzlers Bites are a small chewy version of the classic candy. Unlike Twizzlers Soft Bites, this “Bites” version is hollow, and contains a twisted or perhaps clustered look to it. The commercial advertisement introducing this spin-off featured Jolly Rancher Bites and Twizzlers Bites battling each other to be the predominate “Bites” candy.
- Aromabeads HERSHEY’S Twizzlers Scented Candle: This is a non-food item and cannot be eaten, but it’s still an interesting spin-off product for Twizzlers. Made under license by HANNA’S®, this is a candle that smells like Twizzlers.
- Twizzlers Italian Ice: Made by Rita’s, this is a Twizzlers flavored Italian Ice treat
- Twizzlers Filled Bites: This is a Twizzlers product that is much like the normal “Bites” version, but this contains fruit filling inside.Twizzlers Filled Bites Comes in flavors such as Sweet and Sour and Strawberry.
- Twizzlers Twerpz: A small piece of candy that looks much like a filled Twizzlers Bite, but instead is a bit of a dfferent breed. This version is marketed as being very tangy and chewy, and the filling is more obvious then the Filled Bites version. Twerpz comes in flavors such as Strawberry & Orange.
- Nibs: Twizzlers Nibs keeps in tune with the tendency for Twizzler branded spin-offs products to go small. Nibs are advertised as being a small Twizzlerish-tasting product that is packed with flavor and good to use as toppings. Twizzlers Nibs comes in flavors such as Strawberry and Licorice, are flat on one side and rounded on the other.
- Super Nibs: This is a very long version of Twizzlers Nibs. Supper Nibs are about the length of a full sized Twizzler, but in the shape and texture of a Nib. Just like its smaller version, Twizzlers Super Nibs are flat on one side and rounded on the other.
- Mini Twists: These are a smaller version of the larger products. Mini Twists comes in original Twists style, Filled Twists style, and Sour Twists style. Coming in a variety of flavors and varieties makes these Mini Twists an handy small candy to have on hand that gives you many options to choose from.
- Twizzlers Strawberry flavored Lip Balm: We have no idea if this is edible, but it is a lip balm with the flavor of a Strawberry Twizzler.
Where To Purchase Twizzlers
Twizzlers are a popular candy and are available for purchase in many stores. While many stores have Twizzlers for purchase as of 2019, not all flavor can be bought in stores. Some of the more hard to find flavors of Twizzlers would need to be bought online if you don’t wish for a very long trip. Still the good news is that you can buy Twizzlers from many stores, especially in the United States, the country Twizzlers was invented in. You can check below for a list of stores that have been known to have sold Twizzlers. You can also check this page for online offers to buy Twizzlers if you need to have it sent to you or are looking for a flavor or variety of the candy that is hard to find for your location.
Stores that Sell Twizzlers
Here is a list of some stores said to sell or have sold Twizzlers candy.
- Stop and Shop
- Rite Aid
- Dylan’s Candy Bar
Buy Twizzlers Online
Buy Twizzlers online from Amazon and have it shipped to you!
This review is for the classic Strawberry Twists Twizzlers
Twizzlers feels a lot like licorice in its texture, firm yet chewy to bite, hard to the touch, and rough in its consistency. The bag gave off a vague strawberry-like smell when opened, but it was pretty weak. But that’s fine, how does strawberry Twizzlers taste is the question. And truth be told, the flavor is also somewhat weak. This type of Twizzlers has a vague and not very strong flavor of strawberry to it. But this is not a bad thing, Twizzlers is a decent candy to munch on when you want a snack to eat. Chewing it is enjoyable, and it takes awhile, so having a mild flavor is not such a bad thing when the candy is in your mouth being chewed over a long period of time. The roughness of the twists in the “Strawberry Twists” version of Twizzlers adds a tactile experience to eating it, and makes it a better one.
Twizzlers is not a snack you take 2 bites out of, gulp right down, and forget about. Rather this product asks you to take your time with it, feel its texture as you chew it, and lets you really notice what you are eating. Twizzlers don’t just take awhile to eat individually, the average sized pack that was reviewed here gives you about 10 individual pieces of candy, each one takes a while to eat. Overall, Twizzlers strawberry flavored twists gives you a mild tasting snack, that is enjoyable and lasts you a long time, and is good for filling you up when hungry or lasting you though a solid portion of a movie.
Twizzlers Straws Review – Rainbow Flavors
This review covers Twizzlers Straws Rainbow. Before taking the first bite of Twizzlers Straws, I chose the orange flavor, and biting into it I noticed it was much more easy to chew through than the normal version of Twizzlers. Unlike the original variation that has a degree of firmness to it, the hollow nature of Twizzlers Straws may be the reason why it feels so chewy and easy to bit into.
Swallowing the first bite orange of the orange-flavored Twizzler Straw did not go so well, it got stuck in my throat on the way down, giving that feeling that I just swallowed a horse-sized pill, and causing me to violently cough the first bite up and out of my throat. Maybe I should have drank something first, but still, not a pleasant first experience. Continuing onward, the orange flavor tasted a bit “artificial and chemical like”, and I did not care for it at first, but I ended up appreciating the taste more as I finished the first piece.
The strawberry piece had a vague taste of strawberry to it, not strong, but pleasant. Compared to the orange flavor I strongly preferred the strawberry version for its taste. It is an enjoyable flavor and it is far more easy to chew down then an ordinary strawberry Twizzler. Choosing a green Watermelon Flavor piece of Twizzler to be used as a straw, I grab a can of Coca-Cola and stick the Twizzler in it. Turns out Twizzlers Straws are actually pretty effective straws, not so much as a real one, but it did not leak and it let me drink efficiently. There was a slight taste of “green” (Watermelon) flavor to the drink, but it was not too noticeable. The real problem was avoiding the urge to bite down on the straw as I drink, something I did not manage to avoid, but fortunately, the straw was not pierced by a small amount of nibbling and it continued to function as a candy straw.
The Length Of A Twizzler
Twizzlers come in several sizes of the original version. There are “normal length” Twizzlers, “Long” Twizzlers, then we have the marked “Extra Long” Twizzlers, said to be 16 inches in length. There are also Mini Twist versions of Twizzlers that are comparably extremely small to all the other sizes that Twizzlers candy comes in.
Snack History decided to measure a normal sized package of Twizzlers Twists to find out for ourselves how long Twizzlers are. In order to test the ruler, we used a U.S dollar and a bank card for to compare for accuracy. As there are many different sizes of Twizzlers out there, we selected a 70 gram package of Twizzlers Strawberry Twists Candy. We measured the length of 3 Strawberry Twizzlers Twists at their longest points at both sides, and considering the ends are a bit edged and not even, we included the edges in the measurements. The average length of a Strawberry Twizzler came out to be approximately 15 centimeters in length, or just under 6 inches. That a pretty good bit of length for a piece of candy standing at nearly half a foot long. This measurement was conducted on a 70 gram package of Twizzlers Strawberry Twists Candy.
Measuring Twizzlers Straws – Rainbow Flavors
We measured the Twizzlers Straws pieces that came in a 3.5 OZ bag of Twizzlers Straws, Rainbow flavors. Measuring the length one of the green Watermelon pieces end to end with a ruler came out to 5 and 3/4 Inches. Measuring one of the orange pieces came out to 5 and 13/16th inches. Measuring one of the Purple pieces also came out to 5 and 13/16th inches. So the typical length of a piece of Twizzlers in this 3.5 OZ bag was just over 5 and 3/4 of an inch on average, or 5 and 13/16th inches generally.
Measuring the width of a red Strawberry Twizzler Straw came out to 7/16th of an inch. Measuring the width of a green Watermelon Twizzler Straw came out to be 6/16th of an inch. Measuring an orange Twizzler Straw came out to about 7/16th of an inch. Overall it seems the typical width of the Twizzler Straws Rainbow from this 3.5 OZ bag are about 7/16th of an inch. We included the “spokes” of the Twizzlers in this measurement and measured the end of the Twizzlers for their width.
Twizzlers Straws Rainbow – Amount And Color Assortment
We got a 3.5 OZ bag of Twizzlers Straws Rainbow Flavor and counted the amount of individual Twizzlers Straws and their color assortment.
We counted a total of 10 individual pieces of Twizzlers Straws in the 3.5 OZ bag. 2 of the individual pieces were green (watermelon), 2 were orange (orange), 2 were yellow (lemonade), 2 were red (strawberry), 1 was purple (grape), and 1 was blue (blue raspberry).
Setting Twizzlers Straws On Fire
We decided to set some Rainbow Twizzlers Straw on fire. To make the flame, we used a common lighter. One thing you may have expected was for Twizzlers Straws to drip and turn into a liquid, but that did not happen. Instead of turning into a dripping pool of liquid on the floor, it turned black and burned. It gave out a strong smell of sugar as it grew hotter, and we were able to keep the flame on it for a long time before a large impact was noticed.
After burning the Twizzler Straws, they appeared to be somewhat hard to the touch and crispy. We used the green-colored Watermelon flavored and yellow lemonade colored Twizzler Straws for this experiment.
Cooking Twizzlers Straws In A Stove Pan
We decided to cook some Twizzlers Straws Rainbow using a stove and pan. We used 5 Twizzler Straws for this experiment, yellow, red, green, blue, and purple; (We already used up the greens). We set the Twizzler Straws to a high heat on the pan, and let the stove’s burners rip. We let it cook for about 15 minutes.
For the first 5 minutes, there was little change, except for the strong smell of sugar in the air. by 10 minutes, the Twizzler Straws were bubbling on the sides, and the bottoms appeared dark and burned. Smoke began to emanate from them in more prominent amounts as time went on, from barely any smoke at first to a heavy amount by the end of the 15 minutes. The Twizzlers Straws, in general, appeared somewhat resistant to the heat. However, when stabbing them with a knife they appeared soft, sticky and easy to cut through; Like a knife into hot butter. The pan was easy to clean afterwards, so while we do not recommend you try this at home, at least cleaning the cooking equipment is easy to accomplish.
How Twizzlers Are Made
Twizzlers are made by taking its main ingredients, such as flour, liquid sugar, corn syrup, and water and then combine them into a slurry that is mixed for an hour. 900 gallons of the slurry of mixed ingredients is then pumped into cooking kettles where it is cooked for 4 hours. Shortening, coloring, and flavor are added, and then the liquid mash is cooked and agitated for about 4 hours. At that point the mixture can be shaped, cut, dried, and have its production finished and be packaged.
Watch A Video About How Twizzlers Are Made
Here is a video showing the production process of Twizzlers.
A VIDEO THAT SHOWS HOW TWIZZLERS ARE MADE.
Here are some commercial videos for Twizzlers to watch:
TWIZZLERS TV COMMERCIAL.
TWIZZLERS COMMERCIAL VIDEO FROM THE YEAR 2011.
ANOTHER TWIZZLERS COMMERCIAL.
Twizzlers Ingredients and Nutritional Information
This information is for a 70 gram package of Twizzlers Strawberry Twists Candy
Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour; Niacin; Ferrous Sulfate; Thiamine Mononitrate; Riboflavin; Folic Acid;), Sugar, Cornstarch, Contains 2% of less of: Palm Oil, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Artificial Color (Red 40), Mineral Oil, Lecithin (Soy).
Nutrition Facts: About 2.5 servings per container. Serving Size: 4 pieces (28 Grams), Calories per serving: 100, Total Fat: 0 Grams (0% DV), Saturated Fat: 0 Grams (0% DV), Trans Fat: 0 Grams (0% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 60mg (3% DV), Total Carbohydrates: 22 Grams (8% DV), Dietary Fiber: 0 Grams (0% DV), Total Sugars: 13 Grams, Included Added Sugars: 13 Grams (26% DV), Protein: <1 Grams. Vitamin D: 0mcg (0% DV), Calcium: 0mg (0% DV), Iron: 0.3mg (0% DV), Potassium: 10mg (0% DV).
% DV = Percent Daily Value. Values based on a daily 2,000 calorie diet.
Information from back of a 70 gram package of Twizzlers Strawberry Twists from 2019.
Twizzlers Straws Rainbow Flavors Ingredients And Nutrition
Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin, Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid) Sugar; Contains 2% or less of; Palm Oil, Glyceryl, Monostearate, Salt, Cornstarch, Glycerin, Natural Flavor And Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Artificial Color (Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 6, Yellow 5), Potassium Sorbate, Preservative, Mineral Oil, Carnauba Wax.
Nutrition: Serving Size: 4 Peices (40 Grams), Calories per serving: 140, Calories from Fat: 10, Total Fat: 1 Gram (1% DV), Saturated Fat: 0.5 Gram (3% DV), Trans Fat: 0 Grams (0% DV), Cholesterol: 0 (0% DV), Sodium: 85mg (4% DV), Total Carbohydrate: 32 Grams 11% DV), Dietary Fiber: 0 Gram (0% DV), Sugars: 17 Grams, Protein: 1 Grams, Vitamin A: (0 %DV), Vitamin C: (0% DV), Calcium: (0% DV), Iron: (2% DV).
% DV = Percent Daily Value. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
(Information taken from the back of a package of 3.5 OZ Twizzlers Straws Rainbow, and this was info added in 2019.)
Twizzlers has run numerous commercial advertisement campaigns, normally high energy in nature. One advertisement campaign by Twizzlers coined the slogan “You can’t be serious with Twizzlers”. In this series of commercials, various people were shown having a single Twizzler hanging in front of their face until they began to laugh. The idea seemed to be to promote Twizzlers as a fun and happy mood candy. Before this, enough campaign of commercials used the slogan “Twizzlers makes mouths happy” to help promote the brand. Twizzlers ads, in general, have a fast pace and high energy mood to it and are often market to a more adult crowd. Sometimes commercials for the Twizzlers brand will feature life-like behavior from various Twizzlers candies, making them act almost animal-like and giving a high energy and “fun” mood to the adverts.
Twizzlers seems to have had some degree of poster and may have had billboard advertisement as well. One potential billboard for Twizzlers that was found features Santa Claus running swiftly with Twizzlers packages spilling out of his sack. The billboard had the slogan “Everybody wants some” With a package of Twizzlers depicted underneath the saying. Some poster advertisements for the Twizzlers brand also exist, with one depicting the spin-off Twizzlers Pull ‘n’ Peel being used to “draw over” a realistic poster the way a kid might draw over one. These advertisements for the posters and billboards follow along with the “fun theme” that the Twizzlers brand tends to promote.
Twizzlers advertisements appear to be geared to young adults as a common age group seen in there commercials, though the brand does seem to depict other age groups at times in some of its adverts. There does not seem to be a named mascot for the brand, the only mascot that Snack History was able to find was a person dressed as a character that looked like a tall humanoid Twizzlers package to meet with the public.
The packaging design of Twizzlers often follows a similar style between the various products under the Twizzlers brand. Notable is the lettering style that Twizzlers uses to promote its brand name. We don’t know what type of font it is, but its style is very recognizable and helps Twizzlers stand out as a product on store shelves. The large block-like white letters is the same on most, if not all, of their products and is often in the center of the package art for the candy. If the name “Twizzlers” is not in the center of the packaging art, then it is often to the left of the package. Also on many of the products packaging that falls under the Twizzlers brand tends to have pictures of various types of fruit or other foods to help display the flavor that the specific packaging contains. The color of the box or package itself tends to change to reflect a color that is associated with the flavor being contained within the packaging. For example; the Cherry flavor Twizzlers will often have pink color packaging, while the Strawberry flavor will often be have red color packaging.
Pictures Of Twizzlers Candy
Read About More Snacks And Candy!
Laffy Taffy is a flat piece of taffy candy that comes individually wrapped. Learn everything you could want to know about Laffy Taffy here!
BB Bats are a long taffy sucker / lollipop. They come in flavors such as Banana and Strawberry. Read more about BB Bats here or find out how to buy them.
Fun Dip is a candy product that includes powder candy in pouches that can be eaten with a candy stick that is included in the bag. Read more here!
Smartfood Popcorn is a brand of air-popped popcorn. Learn more about Smartfood Popcorn here, such as its history, where to buy it and more.